ATSnotes

ATSnotes

- home - glossary, grading etc. - ordering - help Q&A


  World Paper Money Catalog and History



Antarctica banknotes (private issue)
Antarctica paper money catalog and Antarctican currency history

The Antarctica Overseas Exchange Office was established with the aim of issuing banknotes as a fund-raising exercise for projects in Antarctica. Founded by D. J. Hamilton, 20% of all revenue from the sale of the notes will be used to defray the costs of the Exchange, while the remaining 80% will be available to organizations seeking to undertake research and humanitarian projects in the Antarctic region.
Notes printed by the British American Banknote Company. Refunded in full to the bearer in US$ by the Antarctica Overseas Exchange Office: series 1996 till 2001, series 1999 till 2008, series 2001 till 2010.



Pick # Date
(private issue)
NL 1993 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 100 $ (private issue)
NL 1999
1, 2 $ (private issue)
NL 2001
5, 10, 20, 50, 100 $ (private issue)
NL 2007
1, 3$ (private issue); plastic
Remarks: all images reduced 50%

Banknotes are attributed to last Pick's catalogue:
Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, volume 2: General Issues 1368-1960
Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, volume 3: Modern Issues 1961-
Standard Catalog of World Paper Money, volume 1: Specialized Issues

We are always looking to buy collections or better individual banknotes.
home - glossary, grading etc. - ordering - help Q&A
Thank you for your business. It is sincerely appreciated!
العربية - 中文 - English - French - German - Italian - Polish - Portuguese - Русский - Spanish
Copyright 1996-2016 ATS Notes. All our rights reserved. No part of our web site publication may be used, reproduced or transmitted, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or stored in any retrieval system of any nature, without our prior written permission.